This tool is for ubuntu which makes it easy to change hidden system and desktop settings.Ubuntu Tweak is only for GNOME desktop environment.This is still under heavy development and very good utility for ubuntu users.
Ubuntu Tweak Features
- GNOME Session Control
- Show/Hide and Change Splash screen
- Show/Hide desktop icons or Mounted Volumes.
- Show/Hide/Rename Computer, Home, Trash icon or Network icon
- Use Home Directory as Desktop
- Compiz Fusion settings, Screen Edge Settings, Window Effects Settings.
- GNOME Panel Settings.
- Nautilus Settings.
- Advanced Power Management Settings.
- System Security Settings.
Install Ubuntu Tweak
First you need to download ubuntu tweak from the following options
for i386 users download from here
For AMD64 users download from here
Download ubuntu tweak using the following command
Now you have .deb package install this package using the following command
sudo dpkg -i ubuntu-tweak_0.2.0-1_i386.deb
This will complete the installation